Friday, June 24, 2011
Among recent visitors to the malkha shop were Sagari & Madhoo of Anthra, an organization that promotes rural livestock breeds. Elana Dickson, a well-known textile designer, has been working with them to adapt some of the iconic 'gongadi', the traditional all-purpose blankets made by the shepherd community, for urban use. We plan to host the first show of these at the malkha shop in early October. The picture shows some of the gongadi spread on the floor of the shop.
- ► 2012 (61)
- We hope to introduce malkha to a larger audience i...
- Among recent visitors to the malkha shop were Sag...
- Three versions of Vaishali's imli print have ...
- The Vogue article in the June issue that mentions ...
- It is gratifying when people who buy malkha tell u...
- We're told malkha features in the June issue of Vo...
- ▼ June (6)
- ► 2010 (51)