Saturday, May 7, 2011
The Kondapally exhibition at the Malkha shop was a great success, with 85% of the stock being sold. It confirmed our idea that there is a great unmet demand for artisan crafts in the city. Most of the figures were painted with natural colours and were of high quality and very modestly priced, even underpriced, we thought. They were the work of Shri Nageshwar Rao, one of the leading artisans of Kondapally, and his sons who are carrying on the tradition.
The Metroplus section of the Hindu newspaper on Saturday carried a very nice article on the show by Prabalika M Borah with excellent photographs by G Krishnaswamy.
Unfortunately Shri Ravindra Sharma was not able to come in time to give a talk at the shop as we had hoped, but will be speaking at Lamakaan this evening.
- ► 2012 (61)
- Here is a picture taken by a recent visitor to Bu...
- Karm Marg through their business arm Jugaad uses...
- In the last few hundred years the weaving of cotto...
- the first malkha sari
- Among the organizations with whom Malkha collabora...
- Shri Ravindra Sharma's talk at Lamakaan was as usu...
- kondapally exhibition
- Trying to match marketing to production for malkha...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2010 (51)