Friday, May 20, 2011
the first malkha sari
Many of the customers who came into the shop last month asked if we had sarees and yes, they're on the way we replied. Well the first warp is finally here, woven at the Pulagurtha Co-op in East Godavari. Here is a picure. The sari is heavy, weighing over 800 grams, and closely woven, in natural unbleached cotton with an indigo border. It doesn't crease and in spite of its weight is cool to wear.
- ► 2012 (61)
- Here is a picture taken by a recent visitor to Bu...
- Karm Marg through their business arm Jugaad uses...
- In the last few hundred years the weaving of cotto...
- the first malkha sari
- Among the organizations with whom Malkha collabora...
- Shri Ravindra Sharma's talk at Lamakaan was as usu...
- kondapally exhibition
- Trying to match marketing to production for malkha...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2010 (51)